Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Post Edinburgh thoughts

Its always hard to figure out what to do next with a piece after a major festival/performance. I've been going back to the 'drawing board' and thinking of how this piece can develop. As a choreographer, sometimes I'm always looking for a way to reinvent a piece that I've created and put on a stage. With Habitat, I may go backwards in time to my original idea of mounting it in a gallery type setting or a white box theater. I also want to get the projections to shoot off the dancers' bodies as the light fragments on their bodies because its a metaphor for the person living in a world that feels like a sum of all worlds. Visually, I think this would look really exciting.
I'm rambling a bit from my thoughts... I will leave you with a documentary film that Laura Lamp edited and shot during the performance run titled "Dreaming to Escape"







Dreaming to Escape from Nesby Darbfeld on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment